151. When did King Charles surrender to the Scots?
(a) June 14, 1660
(b) January 1, 1659
(c) October 12, 1642
(d) May 5, 1646
152. What group met to try and bring Protestants back to Catholicism under the guise of talking about matters non-denominationally?
(b) Council of Trent
(c) Council on Religion
(d) Council in Bosworth Field
153. And where was Mary, Queen of Scots’ husband, Darnley, killed? (Lecturer 2015)
(a) Kirk o’ Field
154. What is the main reason that Elizabeth I ordered Mary’s execution? (Lecturer 2015)
(a) Mary almost killed Elizabeth’s lover
(b) Mary had tried to kill her son, James VI
(c) It was determined that Mary had killed her husband
(d) She was the head of many plots to overthrow Elizabeth as Queen
155. Who succeeded Elizabeth as ruler of England?
(a) James I
(b) Edward VI
(c) Henry IX
156. In what year did Elizabeth’s successor end the wars with Spain?
157. What did James I make a habit of lecturing Parliament on? (Lecturer 2015)
(a) Divine right of kings
(b) How England should advance technologically
(c) Why Scotland was superior
(d) How to eat bread correctly
158. What year did Charles become King Charles I?
159. In what year was the Duke of Buckingham killed?
160. What is ship’s money?
(a) Tax paid for a military buildup
(b) Money the King got when an English ship captured a Spanish ship
(c) Money held in the cargo of a ship bound for a certain country
(d) Money paid by coastal areas to protect them from invasion by sea
161. What was the name of Oliver Cromwell’s army?
(b) The King’s Army
(d) New Model Army
162. In what year were the Jews expelled from England? (Lecturer 2016)
163. Why did the King claim he expelled the Jews from England?
(a) They owned too much property.
(b) They wouldn’t conform to the national religion.
(c) The monarchy owed too much to them.
(d) A Jew was accused of killing a boy.
164. Which did the Rump Parliament NOT abolish by February 7, 1649? (Lecturer 2013)
(a) House of Commons
(b) House of Lords
(d) Privy Council
165. 1660 began the Age of ____.
(c) One Ruler
166. What religion was Charles II thought to have been?
167. What was the first parliament known as?
(a) Cavalier Parliament
(b) Royalist Parliament
(c) Restored Parliament
(d) Rump Parliament
168. Charles II died with no issue in 1685. Who became the King of England upon his death?
(a) Charles III
(b) James II
(c) Richard III
(d) William IV
169. When was the 1st Declaration of Indulgences, which was made by King James II?
(a) May 1666
(b) December 1692
(c) October 1670
(d) April 1687
170. When some fisherman brought James back to London, what happened? (Lecturer 2015)
(a) He was hanged.
(b) He was basically ignored and told to go to the coast.
(c) He took back the city with forces he gathered on the way.
(d) William died before he got there.
171. The 1701 Act of Settlement stated that after Anne’s rule, which dynasty would inherit the throne? (Lecturer 2011)
172. What year was James defeated at the Battle of the Boyne?
173. In what year did Anne take the throne?
174. The Act of Union (1707) united what two parts of the Kingdom? (Lecturer 2016)
(a) England and Scotland
(b) England and Wales
(c) England and Ireland
(d) Scotland and Ireland
175. Who invaded in July of 1745?
(a) Charles Edward
(b) Nicholas Romanov
(c) James III
(d) George II
176. What years did Victoria reign?
177. Victoria’s family tried to project the image of:
(a) Strength through conquering Canada.
(b) Great wealth.
(c) A middle class family.
(d) Royal power.
178. Which of the following years was NOT one of the voting reform acts?
179. Who became King of Great Britain in 1830?
(a) William IV
(b) Edward VIII
(c) George IV
(d) Henry IX
180. Who became Prime Minister for the second time in 1804?
(a) William Pitt the Elder
(b) Benjamin Disraeli
(c) Sir Robert Walpole
(d) William Pitt the Younger
|151. d||152. b||153. a||154. d||155. a||156. b||157. a||158. d||159. a||160. d|
|161. d||162. b||163. d||164. a||165. d||166. d||167. a||168. b||169. d||170. b|
|171. a||172. d||173. b||174. a||175. a||176. a||177. c||178. b||179. a||180. a|